Growing, Preparing, Mentoring, Empowering
The Plant to Plate Internship Program mentors, empowers, and prepares high school students to enhance their skills and advance their employment opportunities through training in organic gardening and the culinary arts.
Plant to Plate offers an integrated experience that builds job and life skills, fosters resilience, and engenders meaningful engagement in the fight against climate change.
Making a Difference!
Our Plant to Plate interns . . .
- Cultivate enduring life skills (e.g., effective communication, nutritious food preparation, money management, self-reliance).
- Enhance skill sets for seeking, securing, and thriving in work opportunities
- Foster professional aptitude and skills (e.g., responsibility, time management, résumé writing).
- Develop a network of personal and professional references
- Advocate for themselves and their community
- Cultivate mental and emotional wellness (e.g., stress management, resilience).
- Participate in meaningful ways to fight climate change.
- Build lasting relationships with mentors